Last update: 17/01/2024
This policy applies to the use of the AgeVerif.com website and all its subdomains, including any information provided through the registration and contact pages.
This document may be modified at any time by E-Borealis Lda in order to comply with any regulatory, legislative, jurisprudential or technological changes.
2. The legal basis for processing personal data
When obtaining your consent to process your personal data, Article 6(1)(a) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the legal basis.
If it is necessary to process your personal data for the performance of a contract and/or to take further action after the conclusion of the contract, Article 6(1)(b) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the legal basis.
If our company is required to process your personal data in order to comply with a legal obligation, Article 6(1)(c) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the legal basis.
Where it is necessary to process your personal data to safeguard your interests or those of another natural person, Article 6(1)(d) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the legal basis.
In the event that it is necessary to process your data to protect the interests of our company or a particular third-party and your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms do not outweigh those interests, Article 6(1)(f) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the legal basis.
References : REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016
3. Personal data collected
3.1 Whether you are a visitor or a registered user of this website we collect the following personal data:
• Your IP address
• The type of device used
• Your operating system
• Your web browser and any plugins
• The name of your Internet service provider or mobile operator
• The country of origin of your connection
• The pages of the AgeVerif.com website that you consult
3.2 As a registered user of this website, you send us the following personal data with your consent:
• Your email address
• Your password
• Your phone number
• Your age status (majority or minority, but not your exact age or date of birth) at the end of the age verification process
• Messages sent using the form on the contact page
Some of this information is optional.
WE HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING WHICH WEBSITES OR CONTENT YOU VISIT WHEN YOU USE THE AGEVERIF.COM SERVICES AND WE DO NOT COLLECT ANY PERSONAL DATA ABOUT THIS.
4. Use of your personal data
The personal data we collect from you is generally used to provide you with relevant and personalised content, to improve customer service, to be able to contact you, for statistical purposes and more specifically for:
• Provide you with access to our Services
• Confirm your majority when you access websites using AgeVerif's services
• To carry out our obligations under any contract entered into between you and us
• Allow you to access your account if you lose your password
• Monitor, maintain, improve, secure, analyse and compile statistics on the use and activities of the service
• Send you administrative messages and/or information about services, offers, promotions, new products, updates, or events offered by AgeVerif.com
• Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected
5. Sharing your personal data
None of your personal data is exchanged, given, sold, rented, transferred or shared with third parties.
HOWEVER, WEBSITES USING AGEVERIF'S SERVICES ARE DE FACTO AWARE OF YOUR AGE STATUS (CLAUSE 3.2) WHEN YOU ENTER SAID WEBSITES AND DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO ANY OTHER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
However, we may disclose your personal data to competent authorities when necessary to investigate, prevent or combat illegal activities, fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, infringement of intellectual property laws, violation of our Terms and Conditions, or at the request of competent authorities.
6. Storage of your personal data
The data collected on the AgeVerif.com website is subject to measures such as the use of encryption technology to secure it and protect it from loss, modification, disclosure, unauthorised access or use.
Your personal data is hosted on our servers located in various data centres which are subject to physical and technological protection such as the continuous presence of technicians and security agents, video surveillance, alarms and computer firewalls.
Access to your personal data is restricted to our employees who need to access it in order to process it. These persons are bound by contract to confidentiality.
7. About cookies
7.1 What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file sent by a website to your browser and stored on your device, whether it is a computer, tablet, smartphone or any other device used to view the website.
Cookies are used to remember some of your settings and preferences, for statistical purposes and generally to improve your user experience.
There are two types of cookies:
• Session cookies that expire and disappear when you close your browser.
• Persistent cookies, which have a fixed life span and disappear at a date defined by the site.
The information collected and stored in the cookies does not in any way identify you by name and does not contain any personal data that you entrust to us.
• Allow you to log in to your account automatically
• Perform statistics on the content of the site
• Personalise your user experience
• Secure connections and transaction
7.3 Do we use third-party cookies?
Yes AgeVerif.com uses third-party cookies provided by:
• Google Inc. through its Google Analytics service for statistical purposes as follow https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
• Google Inc. through its reCAPTCHA service to protect the AgeVerif.com website against spam according to the following terms https://policies.google.com/privacy
• Cloudflare, Inc. through its hosting service to speed up page loading and secure connections under the following terms https://www.cloudflare.com/privacypolicy
7.4 What is local storage?
Local storage allows information to be stored in the browser's memory. The difference with a cookie is that local storage can only be read by the client side (the browser), the retention capacity of local storage is greater and the data contained in local storage has no expiry date.
7.5 How do we use local storage?
The AgeVerif.com website uses local storage for the following reasons:
• To save your age status
7.6 How do you control your cookies and local storage?
Please note that such a change may cause the site to malfunction or limit its functionality.
You can also visit https://www.youronlinechoices.com to learn how to manage your cookies based on your browser and how to control and delete advertising related cookies.
Local storage is essential to the use of AgeVerif.com services. If you delete the data from local storage by deleting the browser's navigation data, your age status will no longer be recorded on your device.
8. About mailing
As part of our mailing campaigns we may send you emails to provide you with information relevant to your interests, to keep you informed of promotions, new products, updates, offers or events and news about our products or services, or third-party products and services. In the case of offers from third-party partners your sensitive personal data is never passed on.
These emailing are always done with your prior consent and you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in each such email.
9. Controlling your personal data
In accordance with European Union regulations, you may at any time request the communication, modification, updating, limitation or deletion of your personal data. AgeVerif.com undertakes to respond to any such request within a maximum of one month from the date of receipt of your request.
Please note that for legal, administrative and accounting reasons, we must keep some of your personal data for a maximum of one year. In this case your personal data will be blocked so that it is no longer available for any use whatsoever.
Send your questions and requests about the protection of your personal data by sending a message via our contact page.
Due to our obligation of confidentiality and security of your personal data, we may ask you for documents proving your identity.
AgeVerif.com is also entitled to oppose any abusive or repetitive request.
10. Autres politiques de confidentialité