This document may be modified at any time by AgeVerif.com in order to comply with any regulatory, legislative, jurisprudential or technological changes.
Personal data collected
As soon as you choose to become a user of this site, information is collected.
2.1. The legal basis for processing personal data
When obtaining your consent to process your personal data, Article 6 (1) subparagraph a of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the legal basis.
If it is necessary to process your personal data for the performance of a contract and/or to take further action after the conclusion of the contract, Article 6 (1) subparagraph b of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the legal basis.
If our company is required to process your personal data in order to comply with a legal obligation, Article 6 (1) subparagraph c of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the legal basis.
If it is necessary to process your personal data to safeguard your interests or those of another natural person, Article 6 (1) subparagraph d of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the legal basis.
In the event that it is necessary to process your data to protect the interests of our company or a particular third party and your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms do not override these interests, Article 6 (1) subparagraph f of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the legal basis.
References: REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016
2.2. Information you provide to us with your consent:
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- Your password
- Your age status (majority or minority but not your exact age or date of birth) following age verification.
2.3. Information we collect:
- Your IP address
- The type of device you are using
- Your operating system
- Your web browser and any plugins
- The name of your Internet service provider or mobile operator
- The country of origin of your connection
- The pages of the AgeVerif.com website that you visit
Use of your personal data
The personal data we collect from you is generally used to provide you with tailored and personalised content, to improve customer service, to contact you, for statistical purposes and more specifically to:
- provide you with access to our service;
- confirm your majority when you access websites using AgeVerif services;
- allow you to access your account if you lose your password;
- allow us to communicate with you by email if it is filled in.
- 4.1. None of your personal data is exchanged, given, sold, transferred or shared with third parties.
- 4.2. However, websites using AgeVerif services will de facto know your age status (clause 2.2) when you enter such websites.
- 4.4. However, we may disclose your personal data to the relevant authorities where necessary to investigate, prevent or combat illegal activities, fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, infringements of intellectual property laws, violations of our Terms and Conditions, or at the request of the relevant authorities.
Your personal data is subject to measures such as the use of encryption technology to secure it and protect it from loss, modification, disclosure, unauthorised access or use.
Your personal data is hosted on our servers located in different data centers which are subject to physical and technological protections such as the continuous presence of technicians and security agents, video surveillance, alarms, computer firewalls.
Access to your personal data is restricted to our employees who need to access it in order to process it. These persons are bound by contract to confidentiality obligations.
6.1. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file sent by a website to your browser and stored on your device, whether it is a computer, tablet, smartphone or any other device used to view the website.
Cookies are used to remember some of your settings and preferences, for statistical purposes and generally to improve your user experience.
There are two types of cookies:
- Session cookies which expire and disappear when you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies, which have a fixed lifetime and disappear at a date defined by the site.
6.2. What is local storage?
Local storage allows information to be stored in the browser's memory. The difference with a cookie is that local storage can only be read by the client side (the browser), the retention capacity of local storage is larger and the data contained in local storage does not have an expiry date.
- To personalize your user experience
- Allow you to automatically log in to your account
- To perform statistical analysis
6.4. How do we use local storage?
The AgeVerif.com website uses local storage for the following reasons:
- To save your age status
6.5. Do we use third party cookies
Yes AgeVerif.com uses third party cookies provided by:
- Google Inc. through its Google Analytics service for statistical purposes as follows https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
- Cloudflare, Inc. through its hosting service to speed up page loading and secure connections under the following terms https://www.cloudflare.com/privacypolicy
6.6. How to control your cookies and local storage?
Please note that doing so may cause the site to malfunction or limit its functionality.
You can also visit https://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/ to learn how to manage your cookies depending on your browser and how to control and delete advertising cookies.
Local storage is essential to the use of AgeVerif.com services. If you delete the local storage data by deleting the browsing data, your age status will no longer be stored on your device.
Notifications are messages sent to your device used to access the AgeVerif.com website through your browser to send you information about the AgeVerif.com website from time to time.
Where such notifications exist, you must give us your consent for them to be activated and displayed. However, you can opt out of receiving notifications by going to your browser settings. Please refer to your browser's help file to learn how to do this.
As part of our mailing campaigns we may send you emails to provide you with information relevant to your interests, to keep you informed of promotions, offers and news about our products or services, or third party products and services.
In the case of offers from third party partners your sensitive personal data is never passed on.
These emails are always done with your prior consent but you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in each such email.
E-Borealis Lda. is the company responsible for your personal data on the AgeVerif.com website.
In accordance with the European Union regulations, you may at any time request the communication, modification, updating, limitation or deletion of your personal data. AgeVerif.com undertakes to respond to any such request within a maximum of one month from the date of receipt of your request.
Please note that for legal, administrative and accounting reasons, we must keep some of your personal data for a maximum of one year. In this case your personal data will be blocked so that it is no longer available for any use whatsoever.
In the case of a subscription to one of our services or products, your personal data may be deleted only when the contract between you and AgeVerif.com expires or when you terminate it of your own accord in accordance with the provisions of our Terms and Conditions.
Questions and requests regarding the protection of your personal data should be addressed to [email protected]
EBecause of our obligation to maintain the confidentiality and security of your personal data, we may ask you to provide proof of your identity.
AgeVerif.com also has the right to object to any abusive or repetitive request.
Last update: 2021-03-23